12 Sep Call for Applications: China’s environmental challenge and eco-civilisation (Sydney, 14-18 January 2019)
China’s environmental challenge and eco-civilisation: a multidisciplinary approach to the Anthropocene
The University of Sydney
14 to 18 January, 2019
Call for Applications: The 2019 Graduate Workshop on China in the Urban Age
The University of Sydney is organising the inaugural graduate workshop of the China Studies Centre’s recently launched multidisciplinary research program on China in the Urban Age. It will be devoted to “China’s Environmental Challenge and Eco-civilisation: a multidisciplinary approach to the Anthropocene”, and held in Sydney between 14-18 January 2019. The deadline for applications is 8 October. This is an initiative of the China Studies Centre and the Planetary Health Platform at the University of Sydney.
– Tony Capon Professor of Planetary Health, University of Sydney
– Peng Gong Professor and Chair, Department of Earth System Science, Tsinghua University; Professor Emeritus, University of California Berkeley
– Olivier Krischer Art historian, Deputy director of the China Studies Centre, University of Sydney
– Pierre Landry Professor of Government and Public administration, Director of the University Service Centre, Chinese University of Hong Kong
– Selina Lo Senior global health professional, Consulting editor for The Lancet; CEO of Doctors for the Environment Australia
– Anna Lora-Wainwright Professor, School of Geography and Environment, University of Oxford
– Sarah Swider Associate Professor of Sociology, University of Copenhagen
– Luigi Tomba Professor of Chinese Politics, Director of the China Studies Centre, University of Sydney
– Emily Yeh Professor of Geography, University of Colorado
Time: 14 to 18 January, 2019
Location: The University of Sydney
Eligibility: Graduate research students and early-career researchers (up to five years post-PhD) whose interests broadly relate to the issue of sustainability in China.
Fees and scholarships: There is no enrolment fee for the graduate workshop. Participants will receive free accommodation. A number of scholarships will be available to help cover the cost of transport to Sydney (up to AUD 1500), relative to country of residence.
How to apply: Please visit our website to submit your online application by 8 October 2018.
Enquiries: Please contact Ms. Wen Chen at firstname.lastname@example.org.